1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone near or in Williamstown NJ wanna do me a huge favor?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Brian Young, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

So I wreck my new truck, backed into a cemented in stop sign pole and pushed up the rear bumper into the fender a bit. Insurance wants to put on new bedside, bumper etc. but I'm not a huge fan of repairing because (A) it's a brand new truck and things that are repaired up here tend to rot out 10 times faster. I found a new take off bed in the same color in Williamstown NJ but the guy only has 1 picture and it looks like a dent right under the right taillight but he says it's perfect, I've seen some people's idea of perfect... I know it's a crazy thought but just wondering if someone might be right in the area who might want to help a brother out and check it out before I make the 7.5 hour trip. If so message me for the shop info.

2. shaffecv

shaffecv Junior Member

I don't have any service calls over that way. But a buddy of mine lives in Washington, NJ. I could probably persuade him to get a look at it and take some pics.

3. shaffecv

shaffecv Junior Member

Whats the name of the place he's a car guy so he should know of the company.

4. Brian Young

Its called A and A Salvage. Its on East Pineyhollow Rd

5. Brian Young

That would be freakin awesome thanks

6. shaffecv

shaffecv Junior Member

I'll try to get a hold of him tomorrow.

What color is the bed ?

7. Brian Young

Its dark blue 8ft bed with fx4 stickers. Off of a 2016 F250

8. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Your body shops don't carry a lifetime warranty on their work? Most of them around here do.

9. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Brian, if this doesn't pan out let me know. ^^^^^^

I have family in the vicinity. I could see if they would be willing to check it out.

10. Brian Young

Some do if they are on the insurance vendor list but would much rather have a bed that hasn't been altered.

11. Brian Young

Thanks Jim, I don't know what this guys deal was by not snapping a couple quick pics and texting them to me...it takes 2 seconds,lol.

12. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Something he doesn't want you to see?

13. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

U can get a brand new bed from ford for around what u will pay for a used one. I got a price if 1700 for a brand new primed ford bed wholesale from ford with tailgate

14. shaffecv

shaffecv Junior Member

Wrong Williamstown!
    The yard the bed is at is the southern Williamstown not the one near Washington NJ. My buddy isn't up for a 2 hour ride.
    Sorry Man

15. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  16. Brian Young

LOL thats why I was hoping for someone who was really close so I wouldn't be putting anyone out that would be able to just swing by for a couple minutes. I did that for a guy in here many years ago but had it not been local I wouldn't have been able to do it. He's sending me a couple pics today.

17. Brian Young

Thanks any way! He's sending me a couple new pics today.

18. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I have been looking for an 8' blue jeans blue 13 through 16 ford bed now for months.
    Next truck will be white, which I detest, just because 99 out of 100 new take off parts are white.

19. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

They sure are. Then 99% of used parts are white or red.

20. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

How much is he banging you for the bed?