1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone move snow with a skytrak?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by andersonbldrs, Nov 7, 2004.

1. andersonbldrs

andersonbldrs Member

I have a 6036 skytrak that i use in my construction business. I have the cab enclosed with tempered glass.(not plexiglass) wiper,lights and heat.....sweet
    of course it also has a bucket that i can put on in 30 sec. after i drop the forks
    I run pickups with v plows for all my plowing but when it comes time to pile or load trucks i'm using this unit anyone else? or am i crazy?
  2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yes a skytrack should work just fine. We used a sub with a Cat last year, with a 12' ProTech and it worked awesome. There are some other contractors around GR that are also using these types of machines. Actually, I know of one in south Haven who has a back plow on one, not sure what brand though.

I think you would be missing out by not using it for plowing as well.
  3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

As expensive as they are, I don't see why not. I bet you could make big piles with one!! :waving: