1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone mount Airhorns on a 2003 1500?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Kuzanut, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Kuzanut

Kuzanut Senior Member

Hey just wondering if anyone has mounted air horns on a 2003 1500. Any help would be great.

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I've never done it before, but are you going to mount them under the hood or on the roof? Under the hood looks so much better IMO.

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I gota agree with dere Farmer. Put them under hood on a 1500. They really only look good on Reb Cab Duallys :rolleyes: Plus alot cheaper. You can get a decent self contained one.

4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

No, sorry. But I mounted some on my 2004.5 2500. They are on the passenger side, mounted to the outside of the frame. 250 PSI pump, then 5 gal tank, then Hammer 3 horns from Seige Engineering. The problem I have with the place it is mounted is that the valve between the air tank and the horns has correded the past two winters and I have had to replace it both times cause it did not work. The 5 gal tank is very convenient for filling things like mower and bike tires, and using small air tools and an air nozzle for cleaning dust off things like air filters......

5. Kuzanut

Kuzanut Senior Member

Well i was looking under the hood but quickly remembered how much trouble i had finding room for the western plow isolation thingy. Sorry i don't remember its real name.. So on the outside of the passenger frame rail.. Under the cab or under the bed?