1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone modify a 94-96 f250 unimount truck side to fit a 99-04 superduty

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ERW, Nov 17, 2013.

1. ERW

ERW Junior Member
    from Lake Co

im looking to mod a unimount truck side from a 96 powerstroke to fit an 03 powerstroke. Anyone complete this and have pics by chance?

2. wewille

wewille Senior Member

I wouldn't recommend it unless your a master fabricator and welder.

3. ERW

ERW Junior Member
    from Lake Co

Thank you for your concerns, although its not the answer im looking for. Im looking for anyone that has done this that would know a few tricks so it wont take me as much time. this isnt my first one ive done.

4. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

I have built a scratch built Quick mount from parts scavenged from the old cable type isarmatics. I currently have the cable operated pump, but will switch it to the electric solenoid operated one as soon as I find one cheap enough. All my elec connections are quick disconnect and it takes me about 10 minutes to undo the cables and put them in the grill. I used an old Meyer frame mount from an F450 and added what I needed to it to make it work.

I will get some pics tomorrow if I can.

5. 03fordboss

03fordboss Member
    from Iowa

I am not a western guy but I think most guys buy the correct ultramount for that truck, and then use the ultra to unimont adapter. Than in the summer the truckside is almost hidden. Sure that's not the answer your looking for but just a thought.

6. ERW

ERW Junior Member
    from Lake Co

Oxmow... I've done that before on an 04. I made it with tw