1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone making scoops?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 496 BB, Dec 14, 2010.

1. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Ive searched all over and see nothing about anyone making scoops nowadays. I got a 7'6" Pro and would like some for it. I know there was a place but have had manufacturer probs for years now it seems.

How does these effect trip action?

Ideas?

2. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

I'll take that as no one is making them.

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Look in the Foreign truck section. There is a guy who is making them for his Tundra, its pretty slick-and he uses a western.

4. plowguy43

5. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Thos look like they work well. I need something like that for mine.

6. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Those things look cheap. Id rather have some good ones that have been tested. Mayb just get some made around here.

How does the tripping action work on these? If they slide into a square receiver and you go over curb I would assume the 45* angle up front allows the whole plow to float upwards or does the cutting edge of the scoop trip the whole plow? Seems that would be alot of stress on those if thats the case.

I know this place USED to carry em..... http://www.snowplow.info/ps.htm I think Western did also didnt they?

7. plowguy43

Not a problem! IMO they look well built from viewing the video's (all I can do right now since there is no snow). I have a question- what is the purpose of the cable/chain that is draped across the top of the plow?