1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone make a plow for a 76 F-250???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bowtie_guy, Jan 6, 2006.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Need to update my sig. During the fall I ended up selling my 87 F-150 with boss RT-II 7'6" plow. Trucks cab rotted out. Anyways I picked up a 76 F-250 "high boy" truck recently. 390, 4 speed, divorced t-case. Real nice setup.

I ran a search on all the plow makers websites and no one have anything listed to mount on this truck. I was hoping boss had something because I liked the one I had on the F-150.

Anyways anyone???

Thanks.

2. SteveB(wi)

SteveB(wi) Member

good luck! You'll probably have to try junkyards. I know where a Meyer setup is sitting (on the truck yet) but it's in SE WI. I've never seen a Boss on a rig that old around here.

3. Todd's Lawncare

Todd's Lawncare Junior Member
    from pa

I have just got a plow frame for a 70's ford for 125 its a myers i dont think they will make somthing new for them old trucks

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

noone will still be making plow setups brand new for that old a truck. I don't think Boss was even around that long ago. Check the junk yards and used plow parts guys.

5. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

10-4 thanks. Maybe I will have to do some fabricating. :drinkup:

6. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Well I also have a 98 K-1500 reg cab, long box. 5.7 litre auto. Has the plow prep package. What would ya run on that truck?

7. tim99

tim99 Junior Member
    from mn

plow frame

i also have a plow frame for a 79 f250 meyers style extra heavy duty will sell cheap!

8. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

I would put a Fisher Speedcast plow on it. I had a '78 Ford F-250 Custom, that had an 8' Speedcast on it. Worked great. Fisher is going to be the best plow you can find for a 70's era truck, and no one will make a new frame that will fit that old a truck.

-Thann