1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone looking for a very cool, bright light bar?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Brian Young, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Just got my Hella MLB200 Dual color mini led bar (amber/white) from Tri State Public Safety (Sponsor in here) today and holy crap this thing is bright! We usually run Whelen Responder LP's but the dealer was out of them so I saw this somewhere on the web. I've always loved a little bit of white light thrown in to catch people's eye better. Youtube's video of it doesn't do it much justice. I ordered it with a set of Whelen suction cup/magnet mounts and it only sits off the roof about 2-2.5 inches for those who need to stay low. I do wish it had an aluminum base like our Responders do but oh well. The ability to select several color combinations and flash patterns are great (several to choose from). So if your looking for a very bright led mini bar check this one out.

2. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Video? Day and night vid please.

3. Brian Young

I'll try to get something up...technically deficient here lol. I thought the Whelens were bright but these are definitely brighter.

4. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Ya lets see the vids. I'm a die hard Whelen guy. So I gotta see this bar.
    Only thing I've seen close or equal to Whelen is the Feniex Apollo.

Waiting. ;););)

5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Please tell me that your not one of these retards that drive around on public roads blinding the oncoming traffic because you're so God dam inconsiderate to shut the thing off before you get back on the roads ?????

If yes... Drop dead.:cool:

If not, then. Yeah post some pics, as I think it would be great to be able to see betterThumbs Up

6. Brian Young

LOL no not me. In fact I rarely use the light. I only bought this for a very busy shopping plaza for daytime use. If theres one thing I hate at night is lights!