1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone lookin for misc. factory parts for a 88-94 GMC/ Chevy???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by fitch, Jan 15, 2009.

1. fitch

fitch Junior Member

Got a parts truck that we took the plow off along with the hood. I believe its a 89 GMC 2500. Its a heavy half ton (6 lug) but it has power windows/ locks, and a semi electronic dash. Ive never seen this style before. Anyhow, if you need something, let me know~ ill see if i got it. The rear end is blown up in it... just to let ya all know. id rather keep it a roller... so when we come time to junk it, it wont be such a hassle! If i have what you need, ill send ya pics before we close the deal. truck is black too BTW. ill post some pics 2moro if i get a chance.
  2. Beater_K20

Beater_K20 Member

if its a 2500 with 6 lugs, its not a heavy half ton, its a 7200# GVWR 3/4 ton. the GMC "Heavy Half" died in 1980
  3. fitch

fitch Junior Member

i was under the impression the heavy half was around til 99NBS. thanks for the correction!

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Heavy half and 6lug 3/4 ton is the SAME thing. I ordered a heavy half in Nov of 1995. It's been discussed before.
    How are the doors and fenders? Rust wise
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  5. Josh Steere

Josh Steere Junior Member
    from iowa

What are you doing with the tranny.
  6. fitch

fitch Junior Member

doors and fenders are pretty solid... i didnt get a chance to head out to the farm and get any pics. too caught up tryin to complete the plow swap on my 95. tomorrow i will get some pics and get them up. Trans is just sitting in the truck, im not sure what it is exactly, but ill check and let ya know.
  7. fitch

fitch Junior Member

no noticeable rust from the outside looks.... ill check under the bottom of doors inside. there is no holes or surface rust. they are black, and there are flares on the fenders, so im uncertain of whats underneith at this point. will keep you updated~
  8. Sno Biz

Sno Biz Member
    from Chicago

I need a left window glass and regulator...
  9. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

Chrome front bumper? but probably too heavy to ship? anything to fit a '90 3500 1 ton.
  10. Sno Biz

Sno Biz Member
    from Chicago

can you send me a picture of the doors especially the right one. hows the bed???

11. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

what color is the interior?

I need a glove box door, passenger side door panel.

I also need a tail gate, doors, and, other misc. parts. how much for the whole truck????
  12. S&SSNOW

S&SSNOW Junior Member

looking or the battery tray behind the drivers headlamp.