1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Know...???

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MOWBIZZ, Dec 13, 2007.

1. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

IF i can fit 2007 F250 17 inch wheels on my 2004 F250? My truck has 16 inch wheels now...

I know of a guy that's selling 4 brand new wheels with tires for a good price.

Thanks in advance!

2. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

I think you can as long as you change the rims out as well. You might get some rub in the fenders.

3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Right aslong, as the rims are the right size, and you have fender room you should be find.

- Dont forget your truck will sit higher so your angle of your plow will change.

Why type of plow do u have

4. KATTRANSPORT

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

It will need adapters the offset of different. They arent cheap either

5. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Those wheels should go right on. Your truck will not ride higher just because you have a 17" wheel. If these are a stock set of tires and wheels they will clear with tons of room to spare. The only reaseon the 05+ trucks have bigger wheels is to clear the brakes. I used to run 33x12.50's on 9.75" wide rims on my 03 f-350 with no rubbing. I tried to put my 16.5" summer wheels on my new truck ( 07 f 350)this spring the went right on but they rubbed the brakes. Now I have a new set of 18's for the summer. If for some reason you need spacers you can get 1/2" ones really cheap. I run 1.5" spacers on my truck in the summer w/my 35x12.50 tires, I had these made for a few hunderd bucks. Good Luck!!!

6. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Thanks...

Yes, they are bone stock off of a stock F250...just newer than mine. I wouldn't have thought they would make the truck that much higher...I was just concerned with the bolt pattern if anything. I suppose I can go to the Ford dealer down the street and pose the question to them.
    This guy has the whole set for sale, wheels and all for $1000 or best offer. The tires have less than 1000 miles on them. Here's a pic of them...

I would run them in summer and put mine back for winter and plowing...so no plow hookup issues...

tires1.jpg

tires2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  7. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

The bolt patter is the same( 8x 170mm) no problem there. Your truck will be the same size as before.A larger wheel with less side wall height = the same size as before!!! If you can just throw one on your truck real quick and see if you like them. It sounds like a good deal for that set up. Good luck!!!

8. Bry@n

Bry@n Senior Member

You are absolutely correct. I would do it, but negotiate it down to like 7-800.

9. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Oh Yes...

I plan on making an offer...heck it's surely something I can live without...

10. Lat Model Wheels

The wheel offset is quite a bit different. The wheels will sit much further in, and might make turning a problem, as the tires will probably hit your leaf springs before the steering linkage hits the end of its travel. Try one on first before you buy them. Bolting them up is no problem, as the bolt pattern is the same--it's the clearance that will be a problem.

RON​

11. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

You WILL need a 2" wheel spacer for them to fit correctly on the front. I would pass on them.

12. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

OK thanks...guess the guy selling them doesn't know crap...he's just saying "oh yeah...they'll bolt right up...when do you want to meet???"

Passsssss....I'll get new tires when needed. period.