1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone know what the heck this is?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by s. donato, Oct 8, 2011.

1. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

just noticed this under the front end of my truck... is it a mount for a plow or maybe a brush guard?

2011-10-08_07-42-01_427.jpg

2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

It's were the blocker beam "once" was mounted.
    :rolleyes: John...

3. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Ding ding ding!
    We have a winner!
    Probaly taken off for a plow.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check the year again guys;) They didn't add a blocker beam until 05. So while it might be there in expection of a blocker beam, one was never removed:cool:

5. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

Thank you gentlemen. So it was for the plow mount or for the stock truck that they removed. Either way a plow will be going on soon just was curious if I could utilize the part if it was for a plow.

6. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

yes it was they had blocker beams before 04 i also have the same brackets on my 04. not sure when they added the blocker but we have an 02 at work with one mounted.

7. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

My 03 had a blocker beam. I removed it myself to install my plow. Those look like the brackets for it.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:eek: I am wrong. I cannot remember years on every unit I do but they never modified the mount until 05 and the original SD had no beam.

9. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

they modified the mounts in 05 because ford changed the front end suspension from leaf to coil spring.

10. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Blocker beams were added in 01. My 2000 F350 didn't have one, both our 2001 superduties do.

11. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a "blocker beam"? A few of my companys older psd's had the bracket but nothing there. i always wondered.......

12. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

A blocker beam keeps small cars from going under the truck in the event of an accident. Basically the same thing that you see on the back of semi trailers.

13. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

copy on the front mounted ICC bar.! Thanks...

14. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Going over top of a prius in a superduty sounds more fun to me! Thumbs Up