1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know what size for bolt and nut that hold mount to frame?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Milwaukee, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Well it is 1984 Bronco with Western Conventional 7'6 plow so I forgot to measure but it not near it 40 miles away so I want to be prepare before go there to fight to remove bolts.

I will bring wrench, sockets, long pipe for help loose bolt, and pb blaster.

They do not allow torch or electric saw:realmad: Torch I can get that out in 4 min but they can't due liability on insurance.

I just need know what size bolt and nut is? It snowplow's mount to frame so I want mount with snowplow.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Gonna need every wrench and socket from 1/2" all the way to 15/16" Mill. That of course is if no one homebrewed it. :salute:
  3. Milwaukee

ok and I hope bolt are not serious stuck or that be worst.

Is $100 for 7'6 plow with mount plus hydraulic pump is good deal? Plow look ok need paint plus edge need replace soon it seem owner drive too fast cause edge worn out fast.

Do western still sell parts for mount bar for both side? I check it look rusty plus it have weld mount bar to frame:realmad: Plus it bent too. It seem owner drive to fast and hit so hard.

But plow look to be little new than mount so it could be been replaced 5 or 10 years ago.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's worth $100 in scrap price these days.

Much of the individual components are still available from dealers for those older mounts...but rather expensive for certain components.
  5. Milwaukee

but they have another plow too it on 89 F350 4x4 I say plow look same wide. but more rusty

They want $100 but i am not give info where junkyard until I get snowplow from bronco then I will announcement here because last time I saw and one people ask where then next day went to get bam gone. That was 1 years ago.

What you think those would be weight? 400 pounds?

It heavy than meyer 7'6 plow?
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Blade only? Approx yes. Mount and pump will be about another 200 or so.

They're in the same ballpark, depends on if your comparing an ST Meyer with a standard Western or a C series with a Pro but generally no the Meyer won't be any heavier than the Western.
  7. Milwaukee

Wow look like I need ask them if they let me bring truck near bronco 84 to lift plow.

Do you know what thick frame is for this bronco? 1/4" I am think use metal saw to cut but They say it need to be powered by hand.:cry:

I feel it would be 1 hour on on 1 side then another side. If steel are 1/8" that be great.:D
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pay them to torch it off for you Mill. You'll never get the mount off by cutting through the frame by hand. You'd have to cut completely through the frame in at least 6 separate places to get the entire mount.
  9. Milwaukee

well I talk to my friend who been friend with junkyard owner he will tell them let me use electric saw. That great:bluebounc because my arm would be so sore try cut it.

I will cut it then pay $100 for that then I will ask them how much for torch if I have them torch any cars.

Big problem I need firgue how carry it almost 600-800 feet. Look like I am bring my cart and dolly with big tires to cross dirt. Or hope they use loader to lift that for free.
  10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Did you try calling the dealer to find out what size you will need?
  11. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

I think your going about this the hard way mil.

for example. I had a junkyard cut off the front of a car for me (from the windshield forward) because i wanted to fix a car i wrecked. They had it done pretty quick and charged me 180 bucks which INCLUDED the front of the car i bought.
    They usually have more than the equipment needed and know what they are doing. Will probably even load it for you.
  12. Milwaukee

So I went there to ask if I could bring torch or saw. They say NO why it insurance for business so they don't want trouble with insurance

Then sudden worker came to office and talk to guy then he say is milwaukee talk about plow on bronco then guy say yes then worker say I could torch for him. Then I was like wow plus I ask if they would use loader to lift plow for me they say sure.

It for $100. next time when I find anything I will ask them torch for me.

he say if I need torch they will need 1 day so I will go there again tomorrow in morning.

But they have another junkyard which different owner. They say we will not torch for you or use loader to moving cars or trucks. They will moving but you need to be there everyday to catch loader moving truck or car.

I think I go that junkyard when I need anything.