1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know the year and any info on this old Power Wagon?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 09Busa, Feb 9, 2011.

1. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

I pass this daily. Finally took some pics. No for sale sign. Been sitting there for awhile. what size plow would this take?

power wagon 006.JPG

power wagon 007.JPG

power wagon 008.JPG

power wagon 010.JPG

2. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

I would guess mid 60's. Looks like that one is fully restored and worth a lot. I'm sure it could handle a V, but why would you want to plow with it?

3. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

60's??????........John Walton could have driven this piece.....lol. 30's or 40's

4. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

My thought is it was restored so proolly alot. ut i have seen these handle some ig ole plows without a hich.

5. JerseySnow

JerseySnow Junior Member
    from 908

I would love to have this truck it would handle a 9' blade easy But i wouldnt want to plow for 20 hours in it

6. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

Looks to me about a 1953 model

7. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

you should have gotten a few pics of that international next to it also....another true classic

8. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

i am going with 40's and you would be crazy to plow with it that thing is in awesome shape it would be my summer nice day no rain kinda driver

9. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

i was thinkin mid 40's, and it would look sweet with a v blade, like a mini oshkosh!

10. JTBitter

JTBitter Junior Member

My father just did a frame off restoration (minus the bed) and his is a 1950. So I would say it is around that year. His has a plow that he is currently in the process of restoring as well. The plow only has power up and down, no power angle. I am trying to find a picture to post, but I don't seem to have any on this computer.

11. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

I love that style of old power wagon, I would love to restore one someday, but it wouldn't be for plowing!

12. 802PlowMan

802PlowMan Junior Member
    from 05495

I would say mid to late 40's possibly early 50's

13. mitchp

mitchp Member

I would say thats a model WM. Dodge made that truck from 1946 to 1968. It was made up until 1971 but the last three years they were made it was for export only. There are a few websites for early Power Wagons. A truck like that would be big money. If you want an old Dodge to mess around with look for the military version, an M37. Theres a bunch of them out there and you can get one for a decent price. Every now and then you find them for sale on the GSA auction site. The feds still have them floating around in departments like Forestry and BLM. They have the big ass flathead 6 in them.

14. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

I will do that...most likely when the snow melts off of it. I wanted to take pics of the interior of the power wagon, however the snow on the windshield gives off too much reflection. Shifter in it is one of those old long throws....comes up to your neck in the cab....lol
    I wouldn't put a plow on it either......just kidding about that. These classics just sit there. never have seen anyone around......just a garage, no house. I would like to meet the owner and find out some info.

15. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Please don't buy that and put a plow on it. I hate it when I see old iron rusting away when it doesn't have to. Like other guys said it probably wouldn't make a good plow truck anyway lacking comfort, radio,cup holder, decent heat......

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  16. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

I most likely could not afford this truck. If I did buy it, it would only come out in the summer. I too, wonder why they are sitting outside like this.

17. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

These trucks didn't change much thru the 50-60's. I'm still thinking mid 60's. Check out the link to this restoration project of a '67 Power Wagon.

The 10K winch was not available before the '58 model year. So its '58 or newer for sure.

http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/resto/resto.html

They are very cool trucks!!!

18. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

thanks.....I went to the site........very cool trucks........wish I had the money for one

19. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

Here is one....didn't realize that I did take it.....

20. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

oops......here it is....looks as though it put in it's plow duty at one time or another

power wagon 009.JPG