1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know the weight difference

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by JeepCreepn01, Jan 4, 2009.

1. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have a ultra mount 7'6 pro plow right now, and im pretty sure next year i'm going to move up to a new 8'6 V plow but i just cant seem to find any info on what the weight difference is, i'm going to be adding air bags to my truck on the rear and just really trying to figure out if i should also add them to the front

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

About 200 lbs in weight difference if your sticking with Western...

3. larold83

larold83 Senior Member

so ya might wanna consider air suspension for the front it'll help out the springs in the long run

4. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks i found the actual weight on westerns web site i some how just missed it every time i looked, yeah for sure im still sticking to western and it is right around 200#

5. rogerd

rogerd Junior Member

so where is that weight info on western site?

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

7. rogerd

rogerd Junior Member

Thanks will check it out

8. rogerd

rogerd Junior Member

Do u have any weight info on 6'6" #60120 - 61300 - 63300?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  9. Crash935

What do you need to know? Its a 6-6 sport utility blade. Dont know what the 61300 is, doesnt come up in a parts list. the mount is for a 99 and later 1500 GM.

If your thinking of putting that blade on the 1500 its way to narrow.

10. rogerd

rogerd Junior Member

no,no, I have an 04 Jeep Wrangler and am considering a plow 4 it. I think the western and meyer are lightest but western is a little better set up. I also have a chance 4 a fisher but i think its a lot heavier. any ideas?

11. Crash935

Any 3 will be fine. I prefere the western or fisher. Jeeps are great for plowing drives and small lots, might have to do a little suspension work.

12. rogerd

rogerd Junior Member

Thanks for the info: