1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know the price of a HLA

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I am looking at several options for a new pusher for a new skid steer next season. Its coming down to a Kage (because I already have a BOSS skid steer blade) or a HLA. I saw one the other day and looks like it would really fit in well. I like the fact you can go from 8 to 13ft. Any way, I was just looking for a ballpark figure if anyone knew. Thanks.

2. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Not sure about the price but I really like the HLA setup too. I have a blizzard pp on my ss. I like it but think this setup would be even more efficient.

3. South Paw

South Paw Junior Member
    from Ontario

I bought one this year, seen lots of use so far, Its on a Cat 257 B3, very sturdy plow, I purshased it for $7500.00 plus taxes in Ontario, from a caterpillar dealership. Works well for scraping down to pavement, winging large amounts of snow.

I thought it would be a better choice over the Kage system, because you dont have to keep switching back and forth between the pusher and the blade, backdragging also works well because you can fold the wings all the way back, for larger volumes of snow retained. Although I wish it came with a back drag blade. Worth the investment so far.

4. buildinon

buildinon Senior Member

I paid in the range of what South Paw did and have bought several of them now. When I was first looking at starting to replace my pushers I was looking at "THE KAGE" and then came across the Snow Wing and was in envy after seeing the video on youtube. Yes it is more expensive, but it does a lot more, you are getting more bang for the buck. Yes there is also more that can go wrong with it as well, as I know some will say. Both things to consider. But as with anything, put a good operator behind it and you will have a great piece of equipment.

I have found the 3200W series to be a good fit for me working in a urban / city area going in and out of tight spaces and alleys. I started off with my first being the 3200W611 which opens from 6 feet closed pusher to 11 straight blade, and now have added all the way up to the SB3200W914 which closed is a 9 foot pusher and a 14 foot straight blade. One of the biggest advantages for me is with the 611 series I can leave it on a skid, load it on a trailer and move it to the next site and put it to work. I liked that a lot.