1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know 'Skid Pro' snow blowers?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MikeK999, Sep 21, 2013.

1. MikeK999

MikeK999 Junior Member

I'm considering a low flow 78" Skid Pro snow blower for my Case 1845c (16gpm@30000 psi). It looks well done, nicely built. But, funny thing is, when I Google "Skid Pro Snow Blowers" absolutely NOTHING comes up except the company site or retail sites. No real reviews. This makes me wonder if there's a lot of bad experiences out there and the company hired a bunch of "Cease-and-Desist" lawyers to remove the negative reviews. Anyway, it's $5600 delivered with the fittings and controls, weighs 900lbs (ships at 1100lbs). Maybe it's too good to be true. Any opinion on them. Just looking for absolute reliability.
  2. thatguy39

thatguy39 Junior Member

what is the answer?

Mike did you end up getting a blower from them or not? Did you find out who makes it?
  3. MikeK999

MikeK999 Junior Member

Yes, I purchased the SkidPro snow blower.

I did purchase the SkidPro snowblower and used it last winter. I'm sorry to say I've now forgotten what manufacturer actually makes the SkidPro, but I do recall they're manufactured in South Dakota.

The blower is well designed, heavy, and everything seems beefy and well thought-out (no exposed fittings to catch on something, good reinforcements and welding, good spots to place your feet when getting in or out of the cab, etc.).

My 1996 1845C Case skid steer is a low flow. So 16gpm is probably the absolute minimal for this snow blower. Wet snow only flies about 8 feet. 2ft of powdery snow goes 20ft or so. It has to crawl slowly to move 3ft tall snow, but at least I'm sitting in the cab while doing it. I'm confident a 35gpm flow rate would throw that snow 40ft or more with this blower.

I still lookover other blowers to compare their design. The SkidPro still seems among the best I've seen (and that's not just because I bought it!). It's 100% hydraulic everything, so there's no sheer pins to break, etc. I paid $5700 for the blower, $450 delivery, $300 for the in-cab hand control and $100 for the flat face fittings. That was an off-season purchase, so I got about a $1,300 discount. I'd say I'm 100% satisfied and SkidPro sales seemed very helpful.
  4. tymwltl

tymwltl Junior Member

Did you end up with a Skid Pro unit and if you did how do you like it ? I am considering a 72 inch unit for my older 863 Bob Cat that is on wheels for my business parking lot.
  5. tymwltl

tymwltl Junior Member

My bad Mike, I realized after posting that you did buy the Skid Pro and liked it. I think I'm going with this unit myself and appreciate your opinion.