1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know of a good corrosion inhibitor additive?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 86 CJ, Mar 6, 2015.

1. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

We are making our own 90/10 Sodium/Calcium Brine and seeing good results with it this season as a De-icer on most storms we have had. We would like to find a product to add to our Brine that would take the corrosion percentage down and make it more Concrete or sidewalk safe for customers? We have looked at others organic mixes, but most of them are far from us and freight is rediculous unless we are buying 4400g..

Anyone have any ideas of what we can use?

2. AquaSalina

AquaSalina Junior Member

Corrosion Inhibitor

Nature's Own Source, Brecksville, Ohio has a proprietary corrosion inhibitor for its AquaSalina+ Liquid De-icer. We would make it available. AquaSalina+ is PNS QPL Listed so you are assured the product will work. Montana State University Western Transport Institute December, 2013 Final Report on Liquid DE-icers done for Ohio DOT found AquaSalina+ a top rated product. Corrosion inhibition major part of the report. Available online (MSU Report)

3. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

So you are saying you sell just Corrosion inhibitor that I can purchase for my Brine? Please PM me with pricing if you could.

John

4. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

What are your prices on the inhibitor by the tote?

5. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

Please email me at jhupman@verizon.net

I just realized that you cant PM me.