1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know how to remove the 12v motor off my dump box pump??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by hitower, May 3, 2011.

1. hitower

hitower Junior Member
    from midwest

Over winter the 12v dc motor that goes to the pump on my dump truck box went out. It is an older unit on a 1989 GMC V3500. I was trying to remove it so I can get it rebuilt but it won't come off the pump! I can get it to spin from three oclock to nine oclock but it won't come off the pump to the rear. Is there a roll pin in there or something?? I have all the bolts a screws off that I can see.
    Any tips would be appreciated!!

TIA

2. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

The two long bolts need to come out that hold the end cap on. then you may need to tap it a bit with a brass hammer. If its been there a long time it may be a bit rusted.

3. hitower

hitower Junior Member
    from midwest

Thanks Herm,

I got it off on about two minutes. I was looking way to deep into the removal of it, it can't get much simpler than it was.