1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone know how to make a new v blade go down faster

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by ctbman, Jan 24, 2011.

1. ctbman

ctbman Member

I have a brand knew 9'6 v and i am spending more time watching it go down than I am plowing.Any suggestions?

2. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

Buy a boss..:laughing::laughing:

I would think there would be an adjustment on the cylinder somewhere that you could adjust the fluid rate. Idk for sure.

3. ctbman

ctbman Member

In a perfect world there would be.The older ones did have an adjustment.I guess the engineers thought we didnt need one.I thought someone would have figured it out already.Im not a rocket scientist I just play one on the internet.When I figure it out I will post pics.payup

4. qualitycut

I am trying to find video of one but all I can find is the one hiniker made and doesnt have the plowing dropping at all

5. qualitycut

6. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

I have an older 9.5 V (all metal) and it lowers just fine. Hope you figure it out.

7. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I read it is new.. You may want to call the Co. (parts I think) ask for Reggy he knows his stuff..
    But the older ones had a directional in line valve that had to be installed the correct way..
    They may have discontinued that..Just some thing to check..
    Also are you getting enough power to the lift and drop solenoid??
    It may be opening (Drop) to slow..Or it is part of their safety factors built in..
    Just some more info to dazzle your confusion...

8. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

I dont think there is a adjustment. I didnt like how slow it dropped at first either but now I dont notice it at all. I dont know with use if it has gotten faster or if Im just used to it now. Great plow!! Piss on all the Boss lovers I like this Hiniker tons more than either one of my Boss V's.

9. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

I just got my new 8 1/2' V installed last week. My dealer told me that it will be slow for a while, until the packing nuts wear in a while.

kevlars

10. stargazer

stargazer Member

I'm in Maine so I use Fishers. They have an adjustment screw, which is nice because you can play with it till it fits your conditions.

Example, on a concrete slab, a soft landing is good.

On a gravel drive, in front of a garage door with some hard buildup from the roof, slamming down is really helpful.

I like slamming down for most purposes, and, it's faster. I do almost all gravel, so few worries there. The need is for speed!

Wish we had some snow so the speed would become useful.

Check the manufactures website for a service manual or assembly/setup info.

11. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

A friend has one and he said there a screw that will change the speed think he said its behind a coil kinda like western v plows

12. 1xjayman

1xjayman Junior Member

Sorry to post on an old thread but thought i'd throw in my 2 cents. Ive had hiniker v for 11 years which just shows how nice they are. There is no adjustment but plow will drop faster in any position other than V, in scoop mine slams to the ground. I'd check the valve cartridge and coil personally if its slow in any position.

13. doyles

doyles Member

did you figure it out yet? try loosening the jam nut on the lift ram a little or try coating the ram with tranny fluid.