1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone know how to adjust the trip springs ?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sealer People, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

My 7.6 ft LT blizzar plow trips at everything it touches.

I was told to adjust the trip springs

Anyone know how ?

I have 3 springs on the plow.

Also, what type of oil should I have on hand???,, someone told me not to use transmittion fluid.

2. eshskis

eshskis Senior Member
    from 4

3. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Looking down at your plow, you will see threaded rod with bolts, tighten each bolt until you can easily slip a piece of paper between the coils on the trip springs, if you run out of threads/adjustment, your springs are more than likely worn and need to be replaced. Also check the angle of your A frame, it should be Parallel to the ground. If it is going downhill, this will also cause your plow to trip easier than normal and must be corrected BEFORE you try any thing else.:drinkup:
  4. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

thanks im gonna try that
  5. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

just a little extra FYI- an A frame that's parallel with the ground will also help the cutting edge wear evenly.
    springs that are old and tired will normally have a section of coil that's deformed a bit, and can easily be moved laterally (side to side) by hand.