1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know how much $$$ a Lift cyl will be $

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Chevy/GMC, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

Ok I have a 2001 Boss 7.5 STD Poly. It's always been very reliable until now.
    It's looking like the Lift Cylinder has a crack in the side right next to where the hydralic swivel fitting threads into. At first I thought just the seal was leaking. No such luck, the cylinder housing is cracked. Anyone have a clue as to how much a new one will cost? Also how the heck would it crack?
    My local dealer is pretty close but I'm afraid they will be High priced. Our next big snow is going to hit Thursday night, so I might be screwed. Anyone ever try to weld a crack on one of these?? If so I supose I'd have to take it all apart. Any thoughts would be great.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

They are about 200 bucks brand new. A hydro shop, might be able to fix it depeneding on how bad it is.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If the crack is right at the elbow fitting in the area where it seals welding won't stop it from leaking and will very likely only make it worse. Replace the cylinder as a whole. Full list price is $200.00 but most dealers don't charge full list unless you're on their hit list.

4. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

Ok thanks for the info guys. I will call my dealer and find out what they will charge me.

5. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

Yeap just what I Thought, my local dealer just told me $228.00. WTF ???? That is just crazy !!!!

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Try ebay. Search boss snow plow or boss plow. There's usually a ton of different pieces parts on there.

7. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'll price you one tomorrow. I just got set up with a new place. I know angle cyl's are quite a bit cheaper there, I'll check the lift cyl. Remind me or I'll forget. ;)

9. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

11. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

Oops... my bad .... thanks BB [​IMG]