1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know anything about Sno-Way plows? having an issue!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PWRSTRKE, Jun 27, 2011.

1. PWRSTRKE

PWRSTRKE Junior Member

Ok I bought an 01 f250 with a sno-way 7.5 foot poly blade plow. I believe it to be the "predator" model. My issue is that the controller does not light up for power. Now I also tried to jump out the solenoid on for the motor to try and get it to do something, the motor did not spin either. I have 12 volts both at the solenoid and going into the "brain box". The controller does not do anything at all....any ideas?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

IS it a three or two pin mount? do you have a metal or plastic control plug? is it wired or wireless? Can you get the serial number off the A frame? If so I can l send you some links. The unit is ground switched. So you would want to ground the brown wire to activate the 12 volt motor solenoid.

Let me know, I know a little bit about them:whistling:

3. PWRSTRKE

PWRSTRKE Junior Member

Sorry if I messed this up...trying to type on my phone what a mess. Ok I believe it is a 3 pin hookup...2 outter pins and one longer pin in the center. Control plug would be plastic I believe. I can get u the serial number tonight. Thanks for the help!

4. PWRSTRKE

PWRSTRKE Junior Member

It is a wired controller also.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Try pressing the down pressure button and the on/off button together to turn it on. If that does not work try; on/off, up, down, Down Pressure, on/off. You can connect the control directly to the plow for test purposes that will take any possible issues with the truck wiring out of the loop until you make sure the plow itself is operating correctly.

6. PWRSTRKE

PWRSTRKE Junior Member

I will try that combo tonight. I had hooked re controller to the plow direct to eliminate any issues. What does the solid black button do to the left of the down pressure button? Thanks for all the help!

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not a blasted thing

8. PWRSTRKE

PWRSTRKE Junior Member

I think I might have everything working...hydro line blew on me though...what kind of hyd oil do these take?

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They suggest Snoway oil of course but you can run any of the premium snowplow fluids. If you don't know what fluid was in it, drain the unit, flush the system with Meyer's Hydro-Flush and refill with the premium snowplow fluid of choice. Mixing fluids can lead to a number of issues, none of which are good.

10. PWRSTRKE

PWRSTRKE Junior Member

ok, got it going up and down....now how about right and left! the motor is engaging but it does not move left or right. I can see the hyd lines jerk around like they are going under pressure each way but no movement. were to start?

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What control do you have? I can send you a mechanics guide if I know which pump you have. I'm guessing maybe the wing cylinders are locked up at the wipers. seems strange to have all the wing cartridges frozen but its possible if the unit had a lot of moisture in the fluid and set for awhile. could be frozen at the hinge pins. All pure speculation.