1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know anything about Bobcat 753 Loaders

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MetroProperties, Sep 8, 2012.

1. MetroProperties

MetroProperties Junior Member

I am looking into buying one. it has 2300 hrs and was wondering what people thought of them for snow. How many hours before a rebuild is needed on the motor and also how much do rebuilds cost?

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Can't atest to longivity I had one I bought new & used a couple years, only put a couple maybe 300 hrs on it. Traded it in on 2 bigger units, the 753 is fine if your staying within it's limits, meaning probably a 6' angle plow. It has a short wheel base & is light in weight so the plow effects it a lot. We used it with not so good results but we had a 8' plow on it and stock tires. For stacking/moving snow with a 74" snow bucket it worked great though, so like I said it depends on what your looking for.

3. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

I have a 2001 773 with 5000 hours. Runs great. It plows with a 101" bucket in the winter. It is also used in the summer to load trucks with landscape materials.

4. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

I have a 753. I've had it for 10 yrs and like it. It has around 3000 hrs with no issues. We use it at a small condo with a 9' power angle fisher blade. it's not a solid mount blade so all 4 tires stay on the ground at all times. There are some times that the plow is a little big but for the most part it does well. Only things we've done are a couple hydro hoses and a new exhaust system from the motor to the muffler. I need to send it in to fix the parking brake. But other than that stuff it's been a great machine. Oh ya, it's wicked slow as its only a single speed. Wish it had 2 speeds. If the price is right then I would buy it.

5. MetroProperties

MetroProperties Junior Member

Thanks Guys