1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know a good site to run my VIN?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Oshkosh, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Hello, I just bought a truck 89 K2500 at auction and would like to run my vin to find out what it has for equipment.
    I've found some generic search's but nothing that has told me what trans,gear ratios etc....
    Thanks.
    Allan

Inventory 0051.jpg

2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

3. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

vin info/help

i found some vin # break downs at the following 2 sites coloradok5.com chuckchevypages.com try these. or call 1 800-gochevy welded wrenches

4. Oshkosh

Thank You both I'll give em a try.

Thanks I'll give them a try,Funny thing the truck is a 3/4 ton K2500 with dual rear wheels?Havent had it delivered yet so I havent checked to see if they swapped the rear end or did a kit???

5. gkm

gkm Senior Member

did you try gm web site ?

6. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

I'd contact your GM dealer they should run it for a nominal price if any price at all...

7. Oshkosh

I did contact my dealer.No Luck....

Seems GM didnt keep good information until the 1990 model year VIN/Versus options.
    Guess I'll have wait and climb under and figure it out myself....That good gm feeling.lol

8. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Check the inside of the glove box for an option code sticker. These codes will tell you everything put into your truck when built...
    I have a web site that list every code according to the year vehicle was built...I will try to find it..

Found it http://www.gm-trucks.com
    then go to RPO codes....

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  9. Oshkosh

Its been wiped clean,

Hi, I need to tear the truck apart and find the build sheet.I hope it is still in it.The glove box decal cannot be read.