1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone interested in a Welding Forum?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Eric ELM, Apr 25, 2001.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
    from Chicago

I just thought I would bring this up on the snow forum since you may not go to the lawn forum or the off topic forum. We are discussing having a welding and fabrication forum and was wondering how many would be interested in this. We have some experianced welder members and some that want to learn. Anyone here interested in this?

2. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

I, for one, am a stone cold amateur at this welding stuff. Oh sure I can put things together to stay and function safely but I know that I and all the others in the same boat could use the expert advice of a certified (funny how this word keeps popping up) welder to be able to bounce my questions off of.
    I would welcome this type of forum. Many of us in the plowing business have the need to make emergency repairs in the middle of an event and this type forum could make what needs to be done get done a lot more safely.

Bruce

3. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

Asobulutely ... ! It may give you another sponsorship option too Eric.

4. Dave1250

Dave1250 Member

Welder form

I would like to see a form on welding I just started putting my garage to gether for auto work . I have all types of refrigeration equiment that is being moved out to a trailer for storage . My season is just winding up hope it`s a good one . would like to buy the Miller Millermatic Vintage this summer by for now .

5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I too would like to see a welding forum on LS. I'm sure our resident welder, 75, would like to have one too. I also nominate 75 as the moderator..... :)

~Chuck

6. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

I'd like to see a welding forum. And I'd offer to moderate also. I've got a bunch of years in welding/fabrication in my background, sometimes I even get stuff to stay together.

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I'd like to see one too.I just bought a used Hobart portable AC/DC welder-it welds very nice,Onan 18Hp runs great.

8. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

I second Chuck's thought about 75 moderating and it sounds like Alan would be a good one too.

Bruce

9. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I think thats a good team, bring it on.

Geoff

10. Chuck Smith

from NJ

I think Alan would make a good second moderator myself. It takes at least 2 on LS to moderate a forum. Hopefully, the welding forum will be up soon.

I wonder where it will appear in the list of forums? Down by the Heavy Equipment forum maybe?

~Chuck

11. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the "vote of confidence" guys - definitely a "yes" vote from me both on the subject of having a welding forum AND having Alan moderating. I'm willing to help moderate too - I'm hoping to see the new forum "online" soon. Although I do make a living in the welding field, there are aspects of it (such as heliarc) that I don't have experience with - so I'm looking forward to learning from everybody as well as hopefully being able to answer some of the questions that come up.

12. Chuck Smith

from NJ

We now have a Welding Forum! In the Truck category.

~Chuck