1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone installed a plow on a lifted duramax?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by idaho Mike, Nov 17, 2009.

1. idaho Mike

idaho Mike Junior Member
    from idaho

Just wondering if anyone has installed a plow on a lifted ussmileyflagLMM. Any help would be great. thank you.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Size of the lift is of some importance as well as knowing exactly what plow you would like to put on it. As always with a lot of weight up front, ballast is key!

3. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

I have an 07' classic Duramax and I had to put a set of superlift leveling keys on because I was not impressed with ground clearance with the plow up. As far as an actual lift, how high are you? You get to high, you probably better not waste your money. With the superlift keys, I'm up around 3" in the front. Hope this helps.ussmileyflag

4. idaho Mike

idaho Mike Junior Member
    from idaho

thankyou for the info. It has a 6" lift with 35" tires. The plow is a 9.5 ft meyer super v. If this hels any

5. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Okay....now I want to see pics. Sounds nice. Not sure I would want to plow with 35's though.....

6. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I have a friend that runs a boss V on a 08 dodge with a 4inch lift and 35's, he had a welding shop fab up new brackets for the truck. I have not seen it plow so i don't know how well it works, but looks like it should be ok.
    Robert

7. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Could you post some pics of his mount?

8. Banger

Banger Member

Let see your mount!

You will have to have someone make new mounting points since you have a higher stance with a lift. You need the correct angle of the dangle :p

The install booket or PDF file on yor plow should tell you at what height or position the mount needs to be in or on for your truck. Prolly a few hours of labor at most. I did my own years back on a 95 Ram with a 4" lift. I ran 35" inch tires and it was fine.

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 6" lift and 35's on my LMM but that truck goes to bed for the winter. Put your stock tires back on for the winter and then mock your mount up and see just how far you have to bring the mount down. I really only know BOSS mounts and they wouldn't be a big deal to drop down. You'll need tierod sleeves or even better Cognito heavy duty tie rods and braces, which I have on my truck and they work great. Levelling keys do absolutley nothing on late model trucks, you can crank the normal keys to max height with out them. With stock tires your mount will only have to be dropped 4" I'm assuming.

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If you havn't bought a blade yet, don't buy the Meyers.

11. idaho Mike

idaho Mike Junior Member
    from idaho

Guys, thankyou. Unfortunately I already had the meyers v.. I have 3 & I will never purchase another. My local dealer quoted me around 1500 in labor. They said that the are going to use a mount from a 4500 kodiak and fab it to work. I'm worried about the additional weight. THANKS for anymore advice.

12. idaho Mike

idaho Mike Junior Member
    from idaho

bump please

13. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo Senior Member

nuttin like spending a bunch of cash so can can look sexy at 3am pushing snow around.

14. Premier

Premier Senior Member

:

:laughing: its what we live for, that and strobe lights :salute: