1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone install timbrens on a pre 2006 silverado 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dix, Nov 26, 2011.

1. dix

dix Junior Member

I just installed Timbrens on my 2006 silverado 1500. Wondering is anyone else has done this as they appear to sit correctly. See Picture Below:

I realize that when the weight is back on the tires it will even up a little but the angle seems too much to be effective.

2. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

Pretty sure they didn't line up perfectly on my 99 either, I checked them a few weeks back and they are still in good shape after 3 yrs of use, you can always contact the manufacturer and ask if it will b a problem
  3. GM_Fan40

GM_Fan40 Member

I just put some on my 05 a few weeks ago and mine are the same way. They make a huge difference with my plow on.
  4. dix

dix Junior Member

thanks for the quick replies guys. I havnt had the plow on yet, but Im hoping for an improvement in carry height.
  5. GM_Fan40

GM_Fan40 Member

They make the ride a little rough when you dont have the plow on but when it is on it handles like a dream. My truck went from dropping a little shy of an inch to barely dropping.
  6. dix

dix Junior Member

Put the plow on today and cant believe the difference these timbrens make! Awesome!!
  7. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

The info here is appreciated very much, as I ordered a set od Timbrens for my 2006 1500 Chevy about an hour ago. I have a new Boss plow on the way and figured my truck could use the extra anti-sag the Timbrens provide.
  8. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

Just bought a set of timbrens from truckspring.com for $184. Seems like a good price. Putting them on my 2000 2500. I'll post pics as soon as I install.