1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone install HID on Nite Sabre lights?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by blogsdon, Sep 11, 2011.

1. blogsdon

blogsdon Member

Bought a kit from DDM Tunning and cannot get them to fire. They flicker a little when you turn them on. So I called DDM they said pull the DRL fuse because they can cause the HID's to not fire since they are running at lower amperage.

Going to try that but wondered if anyone else has had this same problem, I don't really want to put the relay harness on unless I have to because that has to run straight to the battery and would be one more wire to disconnect,get corroded etc.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

Brian

2. blogsdon

blogsdon Member

nobody????

3. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

I'd find a truck side headlight switched wire, run that to a relay along with a 12V hot source, then find your headlight power wire on the truck side plow harness and splice in the relay switched power supply.

4. blogsdon

blogsdon Member

I finally bought a harness from DDM tuning and they are working now. basically the same thing you said.

Thanks for the reply

Brian

5. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

Hey Brian, after reading multiple posts about doing this to Fisher & Boss light pods but never read one about this for Meyer.... man do they stink. Can you post some photos of yours, I would love to see this.

6. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

I was rushed to get my plow out of storage and throw my pump and lights back on today. Finally got to try out my new HID's in my NightSabre II's on my way home from the shop tonight.

I HATE them! They illuminate the snow coming at my windshield so much that I can hardly see at times. So I went back to my old method of dropping my plow down and switching to the HID's in my truck lights, I can see 100X better with those on even compared to the old incandescent bulbs in my plow lights, and they dont illuminate the flakes like my plow lights do now.