1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone in northern michigan?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by 09dieselguy, Jan 5, 2011.

1. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

who on here is around northern michigan area? i havent seen anyone recently in the area?

2. 09dieselguy

no one is northern michigan has been plowing? been getting snow every day or 2. i know there use to be a member on here from traverse city area.

3. Whitey

Whitey Member

There are a few on here. Where in northern Michigan are you from? Roscommon here.

4. 09dieselguy

tc and petoskey areas mostly. born and raised in alpena

5. Landgreen

Landgreen Member

I'm in TC. We've had a great winter so far.

6. Whitey

Whitey Member

bump still looking for more N. Mich guys

7. Art Beach

Art Beach Junior Member

Petoskey, Emmet County

8. Onebadbowtie86

Onebadbowtie86 Senior Member

I'm also in Traverse City.

9. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

could you traverse city guys post some pictures so i can drool all over my keyboard? i picked up some equipment last year from TC and just fell in love with the place.

Im hell bent on getting a house in TC or Charlevoix

any pictures well be stared at for hours, thanks

10. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Mesick here Wexford county!

11. Leisure Time LC

Leisure Time LC Senior Member

Anyone in the Gaylord, Frederic, or Grayling area? I am going to the cabin next weekend and need my drive plowed and a neighbor needs road and drive plowed

12. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I live around Milwaukee, but go up to Bessemer about every 3 weeks during the winter as long as I'm not dealing with snow down here. Just went up this past weekend, but after the blizzard down in Milw. the piles look about the same size.

13. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

grf 1000 Is from Gaylord maybe he could help you out!

14. Landgreen

Landgreen Member

When was the last time it was plowed? That area gets some serious snow over there. Might be a challenge to open it up.

I can ask around but dont know anyone off hand that lives over there.

15. 08SnowPusher

08SnowPusher Member

+1 from the Grand Traverse area. It's been a pretty good year here so far. We've had a break from plowing for a couple of days, just chucking salt with the melting and re-freezing. Hopefully this year finishes off strong, unlike last year.

16. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

yeah, i'm in Gaylord, 20 miles from Frederic. if you cant find anyone let me know. hell there prob. wont be any snow to plow by this weekend. lol

17. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone looking For another plow truck to add to the fleet????

I know im from SE Michigan (oakland county area) But it wouldnt be too far for someone to come...

I Have a 2009 White GMC z71 SLE with a boss poly sport plow that im selling.
    Gonna use the money towards a nice loader for some sub davisions i have and such.
    Everything works on the truck and plow. I gotta get the bumper fixed this week has a little bit of surface rust on it...but its still covered under the Bumper to bumper warranty since it only has 25k miles

No damage
    No scratches
    I know its unbelievable but its true!
    PM An offer or your number so we can call you...
    I would say post replies but im prob. not gonna check this thread too often.
    [​IMG]

18. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Is everyone ready for this snow we are going to get tomight or did everyone think it winter was over?

19. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

i had hoped it was over but knew it wasnt. hell we had 5" on mothers day last year. never know when its going to snow in northern mi. lol

20. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I had hope it was over also, already had changed back to my summer tire but It only takes about 45 minutes to change them back. Hope my customers don't mind a little snow left because I don't plan on plowing mud. Good luck to everyone I think we will all need it tomorrow! :)