1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone in northern maine getting snow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bolensdriver, Nov 2, 2004.

1. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

2. bolensdriver

I should move to northern maine so I can plow most of the year. :bluebounc

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Please, you are one to complain about snow, you would think it would be me. You will get PLENTY, the snow never fails to visit NH and sick around for a while, you guys will have it by months end and it will be around at least into march :nod:

4. bolensdriver

I am just so bored with summer. As soon as it snows, even if it's 1/4 of an inch, I'm going to plow.

5. bolensdriver

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  6. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

This Friday we are getting snow and rain :nod: I don't know how much but might be enough to make a mess of things.

7. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

Vermont at 1500' and it's snowing lightly. Course till the ground freezes it doesn't stick around. Once fall foliage is over and the trees are bare I want instant winter! :bluebounc

Anybody else make a sled run in winter time? My meadow is about a quarter mile long from top to bottom, with most of it at a 22% slope. In a couple of weeks I'll create curves out of mulch hay, then use the Kubota to sculpt the course once the snow starts falling for real next month. And usually Christmas week we have a huge party with friends and kids and dogs chasing us all downhill at high rates of speed! Much fun! Pete

8. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Junior Member

My wife and I can't wait till it starts to fly Bolen. Can you tell that we are flatlanders? ;)

9. bolensdriver

In New Hampshire? Flatlanders? I'm in NH too...! And there's plenty of hills and mountains. I'm right near Sunapee, we get good lake effect, even a town away.

Sincerely,
    Jake

10. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Looks like a storm is coming across the midwest the 10th and 11th. Forcast says snow and rain. :bluebounc

11. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

...just a matter of time before we see it in NJ...it's supposed to hit the upper 30's tonight :redbounce

12. NPCInc

NPCInc Junior Member

they keep telling us it might accumulate in the mountains. nothing but rain mixed with flurries for friday around here.

13. bolensdriver

weather man said we are going to get at least three feet of snow on friday. :nod: :jester:

14. NPCInc

NPCInc Junior Member

I like your weatherman better! but I sure hope it doesn't because I'll be in Vermont Friday.

15. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Junior Member

Yeah Bolen Flatlanders, ie not native. We just arrived last Nov. We moved into our house on the coldest night of the year in January. YEAH NEW ENGLAND!

16. bolensdriver

It is snowing now. No accumalation though. :cry:

But, in parts of this area, the higher elevations have up to three inches and just a few miles north, they are plowing the roads in sections and sanding!

17. cja1987

What towns are we talking about here.They just said on NECN that parts of Arrostuck (SP?) county maine got a foot of snow. wish i could head up there this weekend, i want to see some snow, but i will be gettng redy for snow here this weekend.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2004
  18. bolensdriver

Lebanon, NH got snow, high elevations in Newport, Croydon, Unity, Goshen, got snow.

19. cja1987

Did you see any accumlation where you are?