1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone in California ?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by mitchp, Dec 20, 2010.

1. mitchp

mitchp Member

I just read that parts of northern CA got hit with their first major storm. Mammoth Lake got 9' in less than 24 hours and other areas will get almost 10'. Holy crap thats a lot of snow ! How the heck do you move that ?

2. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

with lots of lowballers & shovels

3. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I assure you, anyone from cali that got 9 feet won't be on line for a few days LOL.
    Robert

4. DScapes

DScapes Member

was reading about this too!!

Heard that the storm dropped 12-13INCHES of RAIN in the lower altitudes, while it dropped 9FEET of snow up in the mountains!

Another storm tracking off Hawaii, could be bringing another 6IN of rain and more snow to the mountains!

CRAZY!

Would love to hear from anyone over that way!

5. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Those guys in Mammoth are used to lots of snow (Tahoe guys as well). I went to Mammoth one winter when I used to live in CA. At that time I saw several Cat 950s and 966s with massive snow blowers (private contratcors). They appeared to be hydraulic powered with the power plants mounted on the back bumper. The snow banks were about 20 feet tall (this was January). It was pretty impressive.
    Here in S/W CO we have only been getting rain. Above 8,000 feet it's been snowing a lot. This storm is supposed to bring 4 to 8 feet. I heard that Wolf Creek Pass had already recieved 80 inches from this storm.

6. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I wonder what a standard 4 car drive would cost to remove 9' of snow? I would imagine close to a thousand if not more?
    If I saw 9' of snow, I would crap my pants.

7. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

There were spots in CA that got over 200" (17') from this storm