1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone hiring in RI?

Discussion in 'Employment' started by URIStudent, Sep 25, 2014.

1. URIStudent

URIStudent Junior Member
    from RI

With the crappy winter that they are predicting for us, I was wondering if anybody in my neck of the woods is hiring... I just found this forum, so I realize that first post looking for a job might be a little suspicious... but hopefully you will see I am genuine.

I am a complete greenhorn looking to learn the trade. I am a college student looking primarily for part-time work. I have no problem working the absolute worst hours you have, in the worst conditions; my only limitation would be trying to work things around school.

I have experience driving box trucks and working around heavy equipment. Ideally I would like to get my hoisting card and CDL later this winter, so perhaps I could be trained-- I am perfectly fine with taking a lower wage in exchange for being trained!

I've got my DOT card so I am good up to 26,000lbs gvw at this point. And I have no issue with driving in snow.

Anyway I figured I would give it a shot to see if anybody in the area is hiring. Hopefully we still have a little time before snow fall, but snow in October at this rate is definitely fathomable.

Anyway, thanks for your read, if you are hiring or know who I should contact, please let me know. Thank you.