1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone here uses this strobes ?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by blk90s13, Mar 22, 2009.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

2. blk90s13

no one ? any info would you buy them ?

8ft cable to the front of the truck is too short right ?

3. fordzilla1155

fordzilla1155 Senior Member

Looks like Jap Junk..

4. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

not jap but chinese knock off garbage

5. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Nope, I woudn't waste my money. My opinion.

6. blk90s13

thanks for the input guys I made up my mind I will pass on this crap and save my money for a wheleen 90watt kit

7. SafetyLighting

Just a suggestion, if you are going to be using the strobes while you are plowing, listen to how loud a Whelen power supply is, and then listen to how quiet a SoundOff Signal power supply is. I used to plow all the time, and after awhile the friggin sound of the strobes would get really annoying.

8. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

the vertex led's are SILENT

9. blk90s13

I drive a cummins and there will be nothing out there that can beat that noise on that thing haha

10. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

my whelen UPS-64lx was loud but the only way i could hear it was to turn everything off including engine if the engine was running i could not hear it. but it was mounted behind the rear passenger seat in my crew cab. But for some reason it decided to go AWOL on me so now i am in the market for a new one. love whelen that is all i try and run so if anyone has a good four or six head that they can get me for cheap I might jump on it......

11. SafetyLighting

Yeah, except the Duramax, lol.

Email sent Chubby.