1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone here use the lotpro series plow?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tjctransport, Mar 8, 2015.

1. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i am thinking of upgrading the 02 diesel to a lot pro from the current C-8.5. this would give me 3 8.5 plows, one new, and 2 20 years old.
    then i will retire the 73 and 79 C-8's, and put the 87 and 88 C-8's on the 2 79 F350's.with one 1988 C-8 as a spare.
    or should i just buy a new C-8.5?
    there is only about a $600 price difference between the lot pro and the C series.

2. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

the lot pro steel is the one i would i use the poly ones are junk. The back bracing snaps on them. Their for the most part maintenance free and wear like the old school meyers (slop while pushing down and while driving) Everything is easy access greasing now. I used my 5 years i think? and havent had a problem with it. I bought the adjustable wings for it (7.5`+wings=8.5`) and i love that i can scoop while doing a drive or wide open when doing a lot.

3. tjctransport

thanks for the review.
    i would only go with a steel blade, i am old school.

4. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

Yeah Meyer will replace it for free. If your like me I don't like down time and waiting for parts. The steel holds pretty good and I've seen everything (worked for a dealer) so I know they can take a beating.

5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I have same wings on a 7.5 knock off with name of Pro-Tech Skid plow When opened up to straight mode its 9.6 wide to windrow or Scoop is 8.6 Box 7.6
    Mine is on its 2nd winter I can say the A frame was made for a Skid that can put down pressure

6. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

The lot pro is a better plow in EVERY aspect.... you won't be disappointed.

7. tjctransport

who did you get yours from Fourtrax? the only dealer i seem to find on the internet is Smith Brothers up in vernon.

8. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

Check your p.m....... I get them from myself, lol. ussmileyflag

9. tjctransport

10. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

what a lot pro worth. looking to replace my rotted out c-8 .

11. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Worst plow I have ever owned. I bought the 9' + Meyer's adj wings and it didn't survive the first season I used it. Both wings had put so much stress on the outer support rib of the plow that the passenger side was starting to bend back and the driver's side was so far back that it broke two of the welds on the plow rib and was literally tearing off the side of the plow. I had to finish out the season without the driver's side wing. Yes, Meyer warrantied it and replaced the entire moldboard for free, which I immediately traded in on my current plow, a 10.5' SV-2. See pictures of my Lot Pro below. If you haven't bought it yet, turn and run as fast as you can.........right over to your BOSS or Fisher dealer. One of those two will be my next plow manufacturer.

P.S. Before the Lot Pro, I owned a Meyer CP-8, which was the first plow I ever owned. Had it for 6-7 years with VERY little trouble, none of which was major. I had such good luck with that plow, that I stayed with Meyer when I upgraded with my new truck in 2012 even though the BOSS was about 2k less in price. So I am not bashing Meyer just for the sake of bashing Meyer. I used to be a huge fan. After my last two purchases, I no longer can say that.

2013-02-25 07.37.32.jpg

2013-02-25 07.37.42.jpg

12. tjctransport

thanks alot. but i don't give a rats behind about boss fisher or western plows. if i did, i would be asking about them in their respected forums.
    i asked about the meyer plow, because i use meyer plows. having 7 trucks with one oddball plow make about as much sense as buying size 8 shoes when you wear size 12 shoes.

13. derekslawncare

So stay with Meyer then. You asked for opinions on the Lot Pro and I gave you mine along with what my remedy will be. IF you decide on the Lot Pro, I definitely WOULD NOT PUT WINGS ON IT. The support ribs down the side of the plow, that the wings attach to, are paper thin and only spot welded on. They aren't strong enough to give proper strength to the plow itself, much less the extra stresses caused from supporting a wing. As I said, before I bought the Lot Pro, I loved Meyer, even though nobody else on here seemed to. I can't say that anymore. Good luck.

14. Antlerart06

On my Skid Never seen that type damage that dereks was showing
    I have same wings, Do pop bolt heads off. Mine stays in Box mode or scoop mode never had it opened up

The Aframe wasn't made for a Skid. That's only problem I had working on it again the bushings where the pivot bolt is Broke them ,I thinking they was broken when the A frame was broken but I didn't notice it till I went plowing with it myself. Most of the time my skid driver running it and he is one broke the A frame from trying move a frozen pile. I have to weld a new set in ,I notice a lot of movement there.
    Any brand has it problems I had to fix the wings on my MVP one came off hitting frozen snow pile.

In them photos just looking, looks like operator error. Doesn't mean it was it just looks like it. Just opinion

15. derekslawncare

My wings were kept at about a 45 degree angle all the time so I could windrow and plow with some containment, without getting out and adjusting them all the time. I would venture a guess to say that if you are using them in box mode, you probably aren't stressing them too badly, but if trying to windrow two foot tall piles with them flared open like I was, that is just too much stress on them. Also, my 20k pound truck is going to put A LOT MORE FORCE ON THEM THAN ANY SKID CAN. IT WILL LOSE TRACTION LONG BEFORE MY TRUCK, so that is something else to consider as well.

16. tjctransport

deriks, sorry if i came across as an ass this morning. i have been dealing with a little too much stress and having another biopsy done earlier did not help my mood.
    i should not have snapped at you like that, and am truly sorry for it.

also, i do not believe in wings. my opinion is that is what they make larger plows and larger trucks for.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  17. derekslawncare

No harm, no foul. :drinkup: I think if I were going through what it sounds like you may be, I might be a little snippy as well. Hope it goes well for you.

18. tjctransport

i have to wait 3 days before i can take any pain pills or anti inflammatories.
    so i am dealing with both osteo and rheumatoid arthritis, hip and knee pain, and the latest round of cancer treatments. they will not attempt hip or knee replacement until the cancer issue is put to rest again.

getting old sucks. but it is still better than the alternative.

thanks for understanding. Thumbs Up

19. Antlerart06

I know I know just looking at the photo what it looks like is all.
    I wasn't there when it happen.