1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone here plowing snow from the 'epic' storm in the east?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MLG, Jan 25, 2016.

1. MLG

MLG Senior Member
    from WI

Just curious what you are seeing, how your plow is holding up?
  2. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

Yep. Put my new rig to the test in this 2 foot blizzard for the first time & no issues.
  3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

50+ hours.. Blew a tire(scraped a curb in a small gravel lot and blew side wall) and a small plow leak. Other than that all good
  4. Mattymax

Mattymax Junior Member
    from Nj

Got about 21" by my. North Jersey.
    24 hours of plowing, busted one of my night hawk lights. Should be repairable. Other than that it was very successful day of plowing and salting.
  5. Shade Tree NJ

Shade Tree NJ Senior Member

great storm with no breakdowns, one very small damage report. Only problem was how quick was snowing and drifts, properties a few hours later were like never was even there
  6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Yep we did some lots 5 times and when we would get back the lot had feet on it.
  7. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

we were 25 hours plow down(i was only out for 8). no problems at all except for having to do the same area every hour because it was coming down so hard.
    8 trucks, a skidsteer with 10 foot pusher, and a case wheel loader with 14 foot pusher, and we could not keep up until it stopped showing around midnight
  8. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

took some red powder off near the cutting edge from finding curbs on properties that called for the first time with 30 inches or so. and found out the stock michelin tires on my truck do not like deep snow. otherwise everything was great and made some money.
  9. RUJusten

RUJusten Member
    from VA

pushed for 4 straight days down in Washington, DC Metro Area - 30+ inches in most places. My Western has held up better than any brand of plow I've ever used. I am an absolutely sold! Last year, we had 6 brand new Myers plows all have serious issues leaving me trucks down and in serious binds. We sold all those plows and got new Westerns and these things are beasts! Western will be the only brand I buy from here on out.
  10. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

Ran 50 plus hours with my old 8 10 blizzard left wing stuck out and kept wheelin....Monday did 7 or 8 business plow outs. May be the last year with this plow but she keeps on ticking for now
  11. macbe

macbe Junior Member

2016 blizzard

plowed first day.broke front driveshaft,in my truck.
    got one of companys truck for secound round,transmission started leaking.
    now enters secound company truck, burnt valve in this truck.
    got everything done