1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone here about big storm on sunday

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rewoodworking, Jan 21, 2004.

1. rewoodworking

rewoodworking Senior Member

i just heard from a plow friend that a big northeaster is heading in my direction on sunday (li ny) anyone else here that:)

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

sure did i started a thread about that

3. rewoodworking

how much and when

4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

All the forecasts ive seen are just saying flurries for sunday/monday , atleast for connecticut.Of course its only wednesday and that could change.

5. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

I heard about it. A few people used words like "17 inches" I will believe that when it is here. We still got a couple of days till the weekend, so that means nobody knows the weather yet.

6. rewoodworking

7. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy Junior Member

I could use a 2 footer or a 48 hour storm....id prolly pass out while plowing tho but id make a killing

Chuck

8. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

forecast for sunday says mostly sunny and clod high 20. I dont think its going to snow sunday arctic airmass soming southeast squeezes all moisture south of us (yes south of nyc and long island). They say there will be plenty of cold air next week along with a stormy pattern.

sp.jpg

9. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

I like where the jet stream is flowing:D

10. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Funny, theres all this talk of a stormy pattern but most of the forecasts for next week show hardly any snow. maybe one storm :confused:....Maybe the weather guys just kow if they predict snow this early they will blow it.

11. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

The weatherman do such a good job predicting. Like last sundays storm. 1-3" . I got at least 8". Going to stop at noon. Ended at 5.

I like it though when they are wrong that way.

12. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Are you in the North East getting snow right now. An alberta clipper is headed your way and due to arrive here tomorrow.

13. rewoodworking

no not yet

14. paponte

paponte Senior Member

There are still many mixed reviews about the event. Some say it's not going to be sufficient at all. Alot of guys have been saying that weather this year has been very hard to predict. :dizzy:

15. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I'll believe it when I see it.

16. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

not snowing now whatever we get it will be under 1"

17. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

In my area the weathermen are playing it safe and saying "were gonna keep an eye on this one for sunday into monday" But others arew saying 1-3 so we'll wait and see.
    -Nick

18. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

sorry i didnt post this before but this is just out from the national weather service.

... SNOW POSSIBLE LATE THIS WEEKEND...

A DEVLELOPING STORM SYSTEM OVER THE SOUTHERN PLAINS WILL MOVE TO THE TENNESSEE VALLEY EARLY THIS WEEKEND BEFORE MOVING OFF THE NORTH CAROLINA COAST. A WEAK COLD FRONT IS EXPECTED TO PASS THROUGH THE REGION LATE SATURDAY BRINGING A REINFORCING SHOT OF COLDER AIR INTO THE REGION.

ACCUMULATING SNOW IS POSSIBLE BEGINNING EARLY SUNDAY AND CONTINUING INTO SUNDAY NIGHT. AT THIS POINT THE PRECIPITATION LOOKS TO BE PREDOMINATELY IN THE FORM OF SNOW. SMALL CHANGES IN THE TRACK AND INTENSITY CAN RESULT IN SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO THE FORECAST. IF THE STORM TRAVELS FURTHER TO THE NORTH... MIXED PRECIPITATION BECOMES MORE LIKELY. IF THE STORM TAKES A MORE SOUTHERLY TRACK... THE HEAVIEST PRECIPITATION MAY SHIFT TO THE SOUTH OF THE AREA....

Thats for all you maryland/Va guys

Good Luck

Nick

19. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

we really need more snow here. ground is to frozen to do anything eles

20. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Man I hope so I really want to get some money back I dropped on the plow!