1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone heard of Springwise Management Company?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mike33, Sep 24, 2014.

1. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

I have been servicing rite aids in my area since the day the 2 new stores opened. I first worked a few years for USM, than 3 years for Merit. I always worked by the per push, etc. This year Springwise has the contract and offered it to me wanting to retain me since I have done it. They said rite aid wanted a seasonal contract only. There offer to me was for only 1/3 of what I billed last year. Now last year was the worst winter in my area in many years and I billed out the most I ever have since I was in business 19 years. My billing was for the price merit sat up and was verified by weather works so its not like I just created an event for snow service on 45 degree sunny day. I dickerd back and fourth and they only came up 150.00. Anyone ever hear or do business with Springwise?

2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

If they aren't even close price wise why even ask if anyone has worked with them? If you're not making any money why be in business?

3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

we worked for them 4 yrs ago... bid a lot of stuff for them and never got anything back.. they don't get many bids because they're not the cheapest.. Wern't bad to deal with back then, got paid for everything, good people... we just stopped submitting bids because we bid for so long and they never gain any of the sites we're spending time bidding. They could be totally different now and ive heard that they pay very little now too.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Pretty sure they were the first of the nationals, IIRC.

5. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

We did a west marine for them last year and a couple emergency calls to home depot. The pricing they offered for WM was pretty good, it was per push. After telling them yes they came back and asked if I could do it for almost half the original amount. I told them no and thought nothing of it. two weeks later I guess whoever gave them that lower pricing couldn't get the required insurance. So they offered the original pricing to me again. Paid every dime we billed and even paid pretty good for the emergency services.

This year they wanted a seasonal price so I basically told them I wasn't interested in that. They said quote us a price anyway so I quoted the amount we billed last winter plus 10% more. Haven't heard back yet but thats fine Im not going to work for pennys, I can get other work to make up for it.

6. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

i have been working with them 3 yrs now...the pay is seasonal divided into 6 payment i believe...and its right on par for our area...they pay ontime..so thats all that matters

7. SnoDaddy

SnoDaddy Senior Member
    from ohio

They used to be Genisis