1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone heard of Sonic Snow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by A-Plus Lawn, Feb 24, 2010.

1. A-Plus Lawn

A-Plus Lawn Junior Member

We were contacted by this snow management company for snow removal for next season.
    They will not disclose the proposed locations until we fill out a privacy form and a contractor application listing names, contacts, and phone numbers of our "largest commercial clients." They say they are members of plowsite but I can't find any posts for "Sonic Snow" or find them with a google search. Also they are located in Alabama. ???
    I would like to know if anyone else has worked with them in the past before giving out company info to someone who calls out of the blue. Thanks
  2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a good way for a nationwide company to start off, get a bunch of contractors around the country to give out info on their biggest customers.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

4. A-Plus Lawn

I was going to say I found their web site but it's very basic. Every page kind of says same thing: storm hits and we are there. Zero tolerance. No listing of regions serviced or client references. Just wondering if anyone has worked with them before.
  5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

yea so basically you sign a form and they take your customers from right in front of ya then pay you 50 cents on the dollar.... hmmmm sounds like a good idea:rolleyes:
  6. grandview

Didn't Paris Hilton work at a sonic before?
  7. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I had sonic for breakfast for the first time the other morning, I dont know about snow, but they sure know their way around french toast sticks. mmmm mmm good!
  8. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Super...Here comes another one thats gonna Change the face of Snow Removal...:eek:
  9. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

We specialize in snow and ice removal management services for commercial properties. Sonic Snow will assemble a dedicated and reliable crew for every location to ensure that our customers have a trouble free winter. Our vendors work with a fleet of state-of-the-art equipment and we work with local weather service to predict and track storms so that we are fully prepared before the snow falls. We are fully insured and have a $1 million liability policy.

They mean they will piggy back on their contractors insurance policy. Doubt they are insured and when the company gets sued they put all the blame on the contractor and want to be held harmless.
  10. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

typical national STAY AWAY
  11. SMLCAT

SMLCAT Member

That's a $25 website.
    If that's any indication of their capabilities I'd run the other way.
  12. big acres

big acres Senior Member

looks like a lot of hype for sure.

"We'll need the names and contact info for your biggest clients..." are you kidding?
  13. grandview

Go list the 2500 Walmarts and then lets see what they will offer you to plow them.
  14. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

$1 million liability policy for that kind of commerical work they are talking about ? Are you kidding me. I plow 80 residential and have $2million liability, not including my equipment/truck insurance.
  15. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

sounds like a massive scam
  16. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Here's the info they have listed on SIMA's site:

Does Birmingham even get snow?

17. A-Plus Lawn

I requested a list of references that have performed services for them in the past, before we can give out any company info. Haven't heard from them since. We're done.
  18. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Does it mean anything that they can't be found on the BBB alabama website? ..just curious, i thought all business's could be found there
  19. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That seems kinda strange.
  20. Kavu

Kavu Member

This is sketchy, 781 is a Boston area code...