1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone heard of a Meyers ST-72?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plow More, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

I found on on craigslist for $300, I can hardly find anything on them, other then that they I think were put on S-10's and other smaller vehicles. Are they commercial duty? I would like to get a plow on my superduty and realize this plow is on the narrow side and may not be tough enough, whats your take?? Its 250 miles away, so I cant go kick tires on it, the guy should be sending me some pics here pretty soon.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

superduty needs a 8ft bare min to be effective and when angled not drive on snow it missed.

i got a old 79 chevy 1ton std cab long bed. 8ft works good . but my spare blade is 9ft. love the width the best.

and the st-72 is the old #'s system way back in the day.

3. believe the 72 refers to the inches so that would be a 6' plow....way too small for a truck that size!!!!

4. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

Im guessing the 72 is for the 6' moldboard, anyone know what the ST series was geared toward? I was thinking about perhaps adding some wings or something else to get the width up to something reasonable for such a large vehicle

5. Wings wouldn't add enough for that truck. That would be fine for doing drives etc with something like a Jeep but not worth your while for a superduty. You want at least an 8'

6. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

That plow was built for things such as CJ5/7's, Scouts, Early Small Broncos Etc..

Way to small for your Super Duty....

Keep a looking, I would advise to wait till spring though to buy one, will.should be cheaper....

7. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

thats what I have on my jeep in anything more that 8" of snow.