1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Having problems with MVP

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tony Bonventre, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Tony Bonventre

Tony Bonventre Sponsor

I was wondering if anyone else had any problems with western MVP V plow. Slow response, and the center rubber flap holders contacting the surface before the cutting edge

2. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

problems with the mpv

yes i have been there done that, you must have the old style like myself, problems with the center piece and uneven wear on the cutting edges, thats why western change the blade so it floats better. here is what you can do . most likely your cutting edges are shot.replace them with new ones, as for the center part i refuse to pay 90.00 for that, go to a conveyor place or a rubber co. and get a 1/2 inch thick by 6 " tall and a foot and a half long rubber belting with nylon in it and cut it to fit, in the vee position with large steel washers behind it .it costs me about 5.00 ,if you have more questions just call me at 716-830-8808 after 5:00 pm. good luck sincerely al monteforte