1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone have use a dakota??

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by david-nh, Jan 6, 2003.

1. david-nh

david-nh Member

hello all i have a 2000 dakota with a 4.7 v8 i will be getting a snoway setup for my truck question does anyone else use a dakota i will just be using mine for a couple driveways any information on these trucks for plowing thanks
  2. Plow Dak

Plow Dak Member
    from Maine

:) I have a 96 Dakota I use. Works fine for me. You have a question about Dakota's???
  3. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

I had a 93 Dakota w/318, extended cab, 7ft Fisher. Worked great right up to selling and getting the 01 Ho diesel. Dakota's are great plow trucks providing you have decent axle ratio's.
  4. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

have a 95 dakota ext cab with 5.2l v8 and a meyer 6.5. ran it one year for work on parking garage decks where comp. trucks wouldn't fit and loading docks. worked great. now its up North in CT, when I visited over the holidays helped my dad clear our neighbors driveways (7). Still running great. Only rec. is to add some ballast in the bed. I throw in 12 bags of salt or calcium (600lbs.)
  5. david-nh

david-nh Member

my truck is a 2002

sorry all i noticed i said my dakota was a 2000 its not it is a 2002 sorry i made a mistake and did not notice it till today weeks later to late for me to edit the message/ david
  6. Jarhead71

Jarhead71 Junior Member

I had a 96 dakota with the 3.9 and 6-1/2' meyer. It was a great plow truck. I plowed driveways and one parking lot never had a problem.