1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have trouble keeping their pump cover on?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ff1221, Jan 18, 2009.

1. ff1221

ff1221 PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone have trouble with their pump cover coming off, every few days mine comes off, just wondering if this is common, and what guys have done to remedy it. I was thinking of welding two chain links to the A frame and putting a ratchet strap over it. Any thoughts?
  2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I can't say that i have had trouble with my covers ,but I could see how it could be a problem. Actually the knobs/wing nuts that hold it on seem to have seized up and I just slide it on and off. This has happened with both of the blizzards I have owned. I don't think I have ever actually loosened it to take it off. A pinch fit works for me !!! Lock tite on the threads and then just slide it on and off ? Or salt water L.O.L.

Good Luck , shaun
  3. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I put a bungee strap on mine before it even went out.
  4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I had to buy a new one because it flew off and I have no clue where it happened... I was pretty pissed, new plow. Everything seems loose on this plow for some reason. $160 later...
  5. billet-boy

billet-boy Member

Heck i think i could loosen mine and it wouldn't come off. fits really good
  6. ff1221

ff1221 PlowSite.com Addict

I can relate, the 2 bolts holding the sides of the pump fell out, and a piece of ice got in between the pump and he light harness, and sheared the front pump mount off, and my buddy was plowing for me and the cover flew off, but luckily he noticed it before he stuffed it in a snowbank, thank god, i didn't realize they were that expensive.
  7. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

dealer did not use loctite on the bolts but for cover problems use 3/8 fender washers works good and use antisize on the studs
  8. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

Yeah.....It doesnt fall off.

I cant keep the darn plow working for more than a storm, so thats why i cant keep the cover on.
  9. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

whats the problems??????????????
  10. damian

damian Senior Member

do you do alot of back dragging,this can cause snow build up under box which can dislodge a loose cover sometime later down the road,i run a die down the threads and neversieze em,then run the new hand knob screws down tight,i always trim the cover where the plow harness passes by it,the sharp edge of the cover works on the harness.good luck.