1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone have this problem???

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by plowzilla, Feb 24, 2007.

1. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

My door ajar light stays on in my 2002 F250. I was going to buy new door switches but you cannot return electronic parts (61.00 worth). I heard of some sensor or something in the door by the latch but the parts (dealer) counter could not find it. I appreciate any help. Glen
  2. cjcocn

cjcocn Member

Spray some WD40 in the door latch (the one that is about 1/2 way up and slides in and out when you close the door). The one on my '99 F150 is a black plastic one - perhaps it's only purpose is to sense when the door is ajar?

After spraying liberally (use the spray tube and spray it inside the body), swing the door a few times to get the WD40 working.

That usually works for me.

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

cjcocn is right on. That has happened to me twice. Dust and other particles get into the latch and mess everything up. A good dose of WD40 and she is good to go again.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

On the 02 f250 the sensor switch is at the bottom of the door were it hits the latch on the truck. It has a ball point pen type switch and dirt gets into it and won't shut the door ajar noise.

By the way is this an extended cab?
  5. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

thanks guys. I will try that.
  6. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

yup same thing happens on my uncles 2000 F-350 usually a good amount of brake cleaner fixes the problem