1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have this problem??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by zipp5, Nov 4, 2003.

1. zipp5

zipp5 Junior Member

I just bought a 90 f-350 4x4. The guy I bought it from said that the gear shift may need to be greased. The problem I'm having is shifting into any gear. As I go from park to reverse or drive it feels as if someone is pushing against me. Is this a minor problem or is it something that needs immediate attention??
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Ford uses little plastic bushings in the shifter linkage.Get some new ones from Ford,and cut the old ones out,and replace them.A little lubrication may help temporarily,but the problem will return.Replacement is the best solution.You can burn them out with a torch too,it makes it easier.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i have the same problem on my 86 f250

was stiff last yr
    now wont move we ll fix it now that snowplow season starting

4. zipp5

zipp5 Junior Member

thanks. sounds like a good sat. project.:cool:
  5. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

i have a 91 f-250 auto and the shifter is stiff as a board, is that all i have to do is replace those bushings??
  6. tuna

tuna Senior Member

My 89 F250 is the same way.