1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have their Salt Dogg controllers replaced?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

We "bought" a new one in a pinch, thing had 2 storms on it before it "failed" wouldnt turn on.

Buyers says they have a flaw, will replace under warranty.

New one was over $800 at our local dealer!

Dealer we purchased the three sph2000 2 yard spreaders and 4 yard sph4000 from March 2010 still hasnt sent us replacements!

All 4 new spreaders died one after another on various trucks end of this winter.
  2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not surprised at all.Your most likely referring to either of the black faced digital Chinese controllers,the ''original'' one or the ''improved'' one.That's the factory rep's description,not mine.It appears that the older white faced analog one is more or less OK.Mine has been trouble free now for a season and a half.Lots of reading here if you do a search.
  3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

yeah i heard/saw a "analog" usa version but doesnt look as nice as looking down and seeing the digital number readouts.. So the replacements will be like the "usa" models?