1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Have Some of These???

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by plowingkid35, Dec 28, 2011.

1. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Never seen that before...seems like a good idea though

3. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

Someone finally did it.

How much??? A trip edge plow, you could make them survive, a trip board plow, those sticks break often. We carry spares behind the seat, cause a broken plow marker slows ya down ;)

4. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

There are some threads about different brands and ideas. Use the search tool

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe it's just me, but why the heck do you need those?
    I don't recall many times that I have enough trouble finding the edge of my plow to worry about lighted plow markers. After a while you should know where it's at just by feel.

6. plowingkid35

I just thought that they would be a nice feature on the truck, im all about lights and making myself more than visible, just thought it would be something that would spike some interest in some people

7. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

First step of bein' cool is lookin' cool, ya know. Thumbs Up

Never had a problem either.. But then I'm usually hangin out the window :waving:

8. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

Agreed. I think they'd just be another drain on my electrical system. 'sides, I have a tendency to tear those things off!

9. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Do they come with training wheels too?...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  10. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Curb feelers :D

11. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

No, your all about spending a ton of money on lights you really don't need. :eek:

12. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

87Chevy: Never had a problem either.. But then I'm usually hangin out the window

i wish i could hang out the window, last year both window motors in my truck in the first two storms, froze and snapped the wires. Windows wouldnt go down, just fixed them monday. The lighted plow markers would ahve been a dream in some of those really bad blowing storms.

13. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Crank down windows Thumbs Up

14. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

I agree that you should have a feel for your rig after a short time but I think these are a good idea so that others can see you (or specifically the plow). People tend to focus on the brightest thing (headlights) they see so the blade may not be visible to them at first. The lighted guides just help define exactly where the blade is. Of course, I'm not convinced that they're worth the $70.00 so I won't be getting them anytime soon.

15. plowingkid35

If you had a clue to how many ******** people are out there then yes.

16. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

I had a set like that on my pro plus, not the lighted but the plastic tube with the hollow center, Lasted one storm... First hard trip thing snapped in half.....Plastic dipped steel cable guides for me.

17. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

I toyed with the idea of puttin an LED in the top of each one on mine, but then I decided to save my 2 dollars and the headache I'm sure it would have been....

18. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I like them, Thumbs Up If you go with them let us know what you think.

19. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

They might be just as bad as putting stobes in your headlights......:dizzy:

20. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

x2 :dizzy: and a waste of money :rolleyes:

its plowing fellas , stick to the basics for christ sake :salute: