1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have pictures of Trucks with Snowblowers

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by csx5197, Dec 16, 2006.

1. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

Anyone have pictures of trucks with snowblowers on the front instead of plows?

2. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

I got a vhs from them a few years ago. I probably works well but seems like a toy, 27 hp is not much to run a snow blower efficiently. For the money I could buy a very nice commercial grade tractor snow blower, and have a bit of beer money left over!

http://www.hansonsnowblowers.com/snow1.html

[​IMG]

3. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

For the cost of a plow you could....

If you look around for the cost of a plow you could find one of these......Good for post storm cleanup,we used to have post storm cleanup.......:cry:
    I posted a couple photos of one working in the Off Topic section under "R U Bord????" If you want to get in the mood.lol

BJJr1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  4. starc

starc Senior Member

Thats cool...

5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

where i work we have a snow blower mounted on a fisher plow frame on one of our trucks. its a 97 f-250. nice set up. i will try and grab pics

6. starc

starc Senior Member

Can't wait to see them...:drinkup:

7. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Hanson

I came across a guy (fellow firefighter) who had Hanson snowblower attachment for the front of his truck. He basically had to buy the unit AND the whole Fisher setup. It blows snow pretty far, eliminating big piles, but it's much slower (as you can expect). I think he has since discontinued the use of it. Definitely a conversation piece!

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Another firefighter who plows? Somebody, quick call LLM so he can start another ***** session.

Try checking with Jerre, he was working on one with something like a 40HP diesel in the back of his truck.

9. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

lol, now that first line is funny. :nod:
    i think jerre site has some info about the snow blowers.

10. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

I've got tons! Just the big stuff!!wesport

NYSDOT Oshkosh Blower.jpg

11. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Actually I'm a landscaper who got into the fire service! It's a nice "pet" to have, ya know?

12. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I am really the same.......:D

13. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I'll tell ya, 27HP Kohler VTwins are nice, but 7 grand!? That's quite a bit!

14. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

27hp isn't actually that bad. A good size tracked push snowblower is 8hp and it's driving and blowing. That's 27hp dedicated to just pushing.

a 25hp tractor will blow snow quite nicely with a snowblower that size.

15. Antnee77

from RI

That's what I meant, a 27 HP V-Twin Kohler is a sick engine, but I can't see spending 7 grand on a blower, period.

16. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

ALthough, that 27 HP is trying to blow 84" vs. 30" at the most.

Somewhere there is a post by someone who tried one of these and said it was greatly underpowered.

17. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

just watching how slow they are going in the video, it's so slow you can tell it's underpowered to be on a truck.

18. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Why bother? One more thing to break, another motor to try and start in the cold, and I think a plow would run circles around that thing.
    -Eric

19. Antnee77

from RI

That's exactly it right there. It is definitely not nearly as quick and efficient as a blade.

20. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

Just watched the video of it. Neat video, but not worth the price in my book. You'd be forever clearing a lot and cutting back banks with that weedwacker sounding snowblower.