1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone have pics or knowledge about fisher speedcast push plate for a 92 chevy k1500?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by stenny, Jan 30, 2015.

1. stenny

stenny Senior Member

ok i got a fisher speedcast and i am nit sure if i got the right push plate etc. guy i got it from said he thinks it came off a 1985 chevy k1500 so i need it to fit on my 92 chevy k1500. so i wanted to find some info on how to install and also some pics and to make sure i have the right push plate etc and if not where i can get one i am located in south shore mass. thank you

2. bad5oh

bad5oh Junior Member

They will not fit. Chevy push plates are different from 73-87 and 88-00. The ones you have mount to the side of the frame. The correct ones you need mount underneath

3. BBC co

BBC co PlowSite.com Addict

I assume this is Joey? you look on craigslist? or on here http://www.plowsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25 make a thread on here looking for the 88-00 plates. I'd make a thread here and on craigslist call a few dudes off craigslist that have plow stock i'm sure u can grab a pair for 200 bucks. also call fredricksons in Norwell they may have em new they are right by Landrover and stop and shop on 53

4. stenny

stenny Senior Member

Yea it is joey. I have push plates but I don't have backing plate so I think I am just gonna make them

5. stenny

stenny Senior Member

i might need you to come plow me out if i dont get my plow tomorrow

6. BBC co

ya just lmk i'm always around, u can find me on here easy just pm me or post in the weather thread i'm in there any time i'm home. just did my water pump, tensioners, thermostat, belt, fluid flush, oil pressure sensor and oil change ready to go anywhere

7. stenny

stenny Senior Member

Yea you did all that because your driving a ford lol

8. BBC co

nope first service after 5 yrs plowing and its a dodge :O

9. stenny

stenny Senior Member

Dodge 3500 are bad ass good plow rigs too

10. BBC co

mines only a 04 1500 slt 4.7 thing has not a bad thing to say about it thru all the last blizzards been a champ loves up hill pushes even has the elc tow haul trans in it. only thing that went in it was the rack at like 40 k under warranty other then brakes after 5 yrs plowing and being 10 yrs old it needed a water pump did the rest just cause it was already all apart :p don't knock the dodges

11. stenny

stenny Senior Member

My buddy has a 3500 Cummins stick shift things a beast I would like to get one but until then I am gonna stick with my chevys