1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have opinions on the Federal Signal Richochet Strobe Supplies?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DodgeGuy, Apr 9, 2008.

1. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

Ok, I'm getting offered a hell of a deal on a Federal Signal Ricochet 6 head 90 watt strobe power supply. Are these any good? The person I'm buying it from says they are one of the best. It is brand new and I'm being offered it for $150. Good deal?

2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Federal Signal makes quality products and backs them up with great service. $150 sounds decent.

3. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

Cool, then I guess my other question in addition to those already asked is this: I am getting this as part of a package deal with a Whelen L22 LED beacon in amber perm mount. This is being offered to me for $75. Fair price? Are these any good?

This package is somewhat random since it is being offered to me from a buddy/employee of a local lighting upfitter who is clearing out there NOS.

4. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

I'd say more than fair.

5. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

Well, I've bought both the strobe pack and the L22 beacon. Both are nice products that were ordered for a customer who then backed out. So their loss is my gain.

The strobe pack needs a few parts that aren't really necessary for it to work, so those can wait. Overall, very pleased.

6. Mike - Tac 2

Mike - Tac 2 Member

You did well! Would love to see some video of them installed...

7. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

Yes, I have a long list of stuff to install, all sitting in boxes in my truck. I have 2 setups to get done. My setup that I use for the local Emergency Managment Agency (Blue) and then the Amber setup for winter work/landscaping. I plan to post videos of each an their respective sites (Blue-elightbars) (Amber-here).