1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have one of these Salt Spreader Swing Gates?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by PerfiCut L&L, Nov 7, 2005.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

2. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

If you have any dealers in your area, they probably have some demo's set up to show you how these install.

Some use the tailgate hardware, while others require you to drill your bumper, bed and/or body to attach the hardware. I have seen one slick setup that had hardware in the fender rails and then clamp on for the rest, but still required a bumper assembly attachment.

Call around to your dealers. Ours in this area had a couple of pickup beds set up with the spreader as comparison how to hook them up.
  3. emeraldgreen

emeraldgreen Member

I have one, well, one that appears to be the same as the picture. Mine came from Lesco. I don't have it installed right now so I can't show you any pics.

The top plates will anchor into your bed rail hole, and then use a set screw (bolt) to tighten from the underside of the rail.
    The bottom plates will bolt through the bumper (you will need to drill at least three holes per plate).
    The side poles (pivot arms) will mount from the bottom plate to the top plate.

If you still want some photos, I'll send some once I have mine on again, which might be a couple of weeks.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

im picking up my swing away for my western 1000 on thursday
    ill let you know how it goes

5. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I'm thinking seriously of building me one this year.