1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have one of these backdrag blades?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by yardatwork, Jan 19, 2011.

1. yardatwork

yardatwork Member

www.backdragsnow.com

I have a bunch of clients with up hill, no where to push the snow driveways...lots of back dragging. Anyone have one of these mounted to their plows? Also, back dragging gravel lots is much easier than pushing...since back dragging won't dig into the gravel. I was wondering what affect a back dragging attachment would now have on a gravel drive...would it start to dig?

2. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

My hiniker 9.5 V backdrags at least that good now. I don't think it would be an improvement for me.

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I have one that is very close to that, but instead of mounting mine above the blade on the bottom og the plow, Mine mounted in the same bolt hole as my front cutting edge, so I didn't have to drill any extra hole in the blade. The other advantage to the one I have is it wears down with the front cutting edge at the same rate, and keeps the leading edge on the pavement, instead of just the lower corner. I can't complain, it backdrags about 80% better then just the front cutting edge. I think I payed about 100 dollars for mine.

4. yardatwork

yardatwork Member

I found a Buyers knockoff of the actual Western back drag edge...$66.00. It's a regular cutting edge with a back drag edge welded to it...so...both will wear at the same rate. I'm due for a new edge anyway, so I'll probably go with the duel edge.

5. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

i have the western backdrage edge on my midwieght - paid $88 installed and works great. uses same holes as the cutting edge now that i have a couple hours on it the two edges are in perfect alignment and plows real well forward and back.

why would anyone spend that much money for one?

i think with the lighter plows they are a necessity, but the big boys are heavy enough to compensate for it.

6. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Haha. Did anyone else watch the video of it in action? The truck sounds like it running on only a few cylinders.

7. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I'm with you on that, $20 in steel maybe, needs a bend and punch or drill the holes. Are these things hardened? thats the only way I can see them costing that much. Anyone bent one?

8. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

I know someone that plows for the same guy I do he had one that from I remeber looks identical and his broke off fiest storm. From what I see the free flowing ones that people put in the back side of plow hold up better and hardly wear.

9. jwsland

jwsland Junior Member

I'm interested in one of theses. I'll be honest my Boss 8ft doesnt backdrag THAT well without one. Pre-salting makes a BIG difference though. Usually thats not done with driveways, where I see most of the problem. Parking lots, not an issue.

10. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

looks pointless for those of us with trip edges...

11. 86f350

86f350 Member

i bought one of these. It was like $200. I replaced front edge with it and it was a 1/2" off the ground. If you could adjust moounting point on truck it might be all right. So once i get front edge worn down ill let you know what it think. Right now im a little dissapointented that i paid that much for it and it doesnt work yet. Its my driveway truck so it will be quite a while before it gets worn down.

12. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA